Begin Your Geriatric Fellowship Application Process
1. Applications are accepted through ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service). ERAS is a service that transmits residency, fellowship and osteopathic internship applications, letters of recommendations, MSPEs, medical school transcripts, USMLE transcripts, COMLEX transcripts, and other supporting credentials from the applicant and the applicant’s designated dean's office to program directors using the Internet. ERAS software is used by program staff to receive, sort, review, evaluate, and rank applications.
- ERAS website
- Written applications for unfilled or off-cycle positions will be accepted via mail or email
2. Interviews will be conducted in person for the 2023-2024 academic year.
3. Selection of residents occurs through the NRMP (National Residency Match Program). The NRMP main match provides an impartial venue for matching applicants' preferences for residency positions with program directors' preferences for applicants.
To be eligible for application and acceptance to the Geriatric Medicine Fellowship Program at Lancaster General Hospital, the applicant must:
- Have successfully completed an ACGME accredited U.S. residency program in either Internal or Family Medicine.
- Be board-certified or board-eligible in either Family Medicine or Internal Medicine.
- Be eligible for medical licensure in the United States.
- Be a United States citizen or possess a valid J-1 Visa. Currently we are not able to sponsor visas.
- Have USMLE/COMLEX scores available and have a passing score. We require USMLE Step 3 or COMLEX 3 to be passed by time of ranking.
- Applications must be received no later than October 10 of the year prior to the anticipated start of fellowship training.
Applicant will be judged based on preparedness, ability, aptitude, academic credentials, communication skills, and personal qualities such as motivation and integrity. This fellowship program will not discriminate with regard to gender, sexual orientation, race, age, religion, color, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Penn Medicine Lancaster General Hospital employees are required to abide by the Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health Code of Conduct and vaccination policies.