Hospice and Palliative Care Fellowship
Thank you for your interest in the Hospice and Palliative Medicine Fellowship. We are excited to bring unique learning experience to the Lancaster medical community and beyond. This Fellowship represents a collaborative effort between Hospice of Lancaster County, a leader in hospice and palliative medicine, and Lancaster General Health, a recognized leader in medical education both locally and nationally.
Our goal is to help the fellows become clinical experts in hospice and palliative medicine and develop the skills necessary to become effective hospice medical directors. The experiences are broad-based and designed to imbue our fellows with leadership skills that they can use in their careers to provide optimal hospice and palliative care in their communities. Our fellowship has the following goals:
- To train physicians to provide high quality, evidence-based palliative, hospice and end-of-life care across a variety of settings
- To teach fellows to provide medical leadership while functioning as a collaborative interdisciplinary team member
- To promote the highest standards of professionalism.
- To teach fellows to critically appraise literature and perform other scholarly activities (including research and quality improvement) in order to expand knowledge related to hospice and palliative medicine
- To train fellows to be effective educators of other professionals and to the community regarding the field of hospice and palliative medicine
- To help fellows learn to be patient advocates at local, state and national levels
I hope you find the information provided on this web site helpful as you explore the tremendous opportunities afforded by this fellowship.
J. Andrew Probolus MD, FAAFP